Potential Bicycle City New Zealand Locations
Alternative Energy Organizations & Companies In New Zealand
New Zealand Animal & Wildlife Groups
Education Organizations & Resources New Zealand
Business Organizations & Resources New Zealand
Environmental Groups New Zealand
New Zealand International Groups
New Zealand National Government
The island nation has a lot to offer as a potential location for Bicycle City, New Zealand. From the lake and river regions of North Island, to the Southern Alps and mountains of South Island, there is much to explore in the spectacular landscapes and backdrops, as noted by Altepedia.com. The climate throughout the country is temperate and rainfall is consistent throughout the year.
With thirteen national parks, New Zealand offers several options for outdoor activities, from skiing, to hiking to fishing and boating, according to Kiwimate on the Geocities.com page. Such accomodations would allow potential Bicycle City, New Zealand residents and visitors plenty of outdoor activities to pursue, including wildlife watching at Kahurangi National Park.
New legislation and goals to make the country more eco-friendly are constantly being pursued, according to the Department of Conservation in New Zealand, meeting the goals of a possible Bicycle City, NZ. From helping to prevent threatened species or controlling human threats to the environment like oil spills and fire to restoring ecosystems throughout the country, the goal of a more natural environment is evident according to the Department of Conservation.
Keeping with these cleaner-living goals, there are many public transit options available, including a metro system, allowing for less vehicles to be used to get around, notes the chapter of the American Public Transportation Association in New Zealand.
Bicycle City New Zealand could possibly be located 10 to 50 miles from the following New Zealand cities:
- Population: 1,358,200
- Average Annual Rainfall: 38.1 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 74°F; Feb 75°F; Mar 72°F; Apr 67°F; May 63°F; Jun 59°F; Jul 58°F; Aug 58°F; Sep 61°F; Oct 64°F; Nov 66°F; Dec 70°F.
- Water: Mangere Inlet, Tamaki River, Hauraki Gulf, Tasman Sea
- Adjacent Public Land: Waitakere Ranges, Albert Park, Cornwall Park, Auckland Domain, Woodhill Mountain Park, Ambury Park
- Zip Codes: 0600, 1010, 1011, 1021, 1022, 1023, 1024, 1025, 1026, 1041, 1042, 1050, 1051, 1052, 1060, 1061, 1062, 1071, 1072, 2025
- Other Highlights: Bethells Beach, Sky Tower, New Zealand National Maritime Museum
- Population: 60,500
- Average Annual Rainfall: 17.72 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 71°F; Feb 71°F; Mar 69°F; Apr 64°F; May 59°F; Jun 55°F; Jul 54°F; Aug 55°F; Sep 58°F; Oct 61°F; Nov 65°F; Dec 69°F.
- Water: Lake Rotura, Tasman Bay
- Adjacent Public Land: Abel Tasman National Park, Nelson Lakes National Park, Kahurangi National Park
- Zip Codes: 7010, 7011, 7020, 7071, 7072, 7081
- Other Highlights: World of Wearable Art Museum
- Population: 9,528
- Average Annual Rainfall: 83.45 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 67°F; Feb 68°F; Mar 65°F; Apr 62°F; May 58°F; Jun 55°F; Jul 54°F; Aug 54°F; Sep 56°F; Oct 58°F; Nov 61°F; Dec 63°F.
- Water: Grey River, Tasman Sea
- Adjacent Public Land: Westland National Park, Paparoa National Park
- Zip Codes: 7802, 7803, 7804, 7805, 7832
- Other Highlights: Pancake Rocks at Punakaiki
- Population: 38,900
- Average Annual Rainfall: 16.17 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 72°F; Feb 72°F; Mar 70°F; Apr 65°F; May 59°F; Jun 55°F; Jul 54°F; Aug 56°F; Sep 59°F; Oct 62°F; Nov 65°F; Dec 69°F.
- Water: Whanganui River
- Adjacent Public Land: Whanganui National Park
- Zip Codes: 4500, 4501, 4571, 4572, 4573, 4574, 4575, 4576, 4577, 4578, 4581, 4582, 4584, 4585, 4586, 4587, 4588
- Other Highlights: Sarjeant Art Gallery; Royal Wanganui Opera House
- Population: 367,700
- Average Annual Rainfall: 12.69 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 73°F; Feb 71°F; Mar 68°F; Apr 64°F; May 57°F; Jun 53°F; Jul 52°F; Aug 54°F; Sep 58°F; Oct 66°F; Nov 66°F; Dec 69°F.
- Water: Lake Tekapo, Avon River, Lake Pukaki, Picton Sound, Lake Ellesmere, Cashmere Stream, Corsair Bay, Diamond Harbour, Victoria Lake, Styx River, Governors Bay
- Adjacent Public Land: Mount Cook National Park, Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, Bottle Lake Forest, Goynes
- Zip Codes: 7571, 7604, 7614, 7616, 7671, 7672, 7674, 7675, 7676, 8011, 8013, 8014, 8022, 8023, 8024, 8025, 8041, 8042, 8051, 8052, 8053, 8061, 8062, 8081, 8083
- Other Highlights: International Antarctic Center; Ferrymead Historic Park; Christchurch Art Gallery; numerous nature reserves
- MSN UK Weather
- Greymouth Urban Area Community Profile
- New Zealand Postal Service
- Capital Turbines
- Carbon Market Solutions
- Meridian Energy
- New Zealand Geothermal Association
- New Zealand Wind Energy Association
- NZ Windfarms Limited
- Power Technology Components Ltd.
- SUNZ Ltd.
- Animal Rights Legal Advocacy Network – ARLAN
- Auckland Animal Action
- Birdlands Habitat Trust
- International League for the Protection of Horses (New Zealand)
- New Zealand Anti Vivisection Society
- Royal New Zealand SPCA
- Ministry of Education
- Massey University, Lincoln University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, Victoria University of Wellington. Click here for a complete list of colleges/universities.
- Business New Zealand
- Enterprise North Shore
- New Zealand Institute of Management
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise
- Wellington Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Greenpeace Aotearoa New Zealand
- New Zealand Ecological Restoration Network (NZERN)
- Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society
- Trees for Survival
- Waipoua Forest Trust
- Alliance Française d'Auckland
- Alliance Française de Wellington
- American Club
- American Women’s Club of Auckland
- Swiss Society of New Zealand
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Biosecurity
- Department of Conservation
- Ministry for the Environment
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority of NZ
- Ministry of Information Technology
- Ministry of Research, Science, & Technology
As a prospective location for Bicycle City, the country of New Zealand offers an eclectic landscape of mountain and river regions as well as continuing governmental attention to green living. Bicycle City, NZ, would need only take advantage of the existing legislation and eco-friendly attitude of the residents to reach its goals.