Potential Bicycle City, Sweden Locations
Alternative Energy Organizations & Companies in Sweden
Sweden Animal & Wildlife Groups
Sweden Business Organizations & Resources
Education Organizations & Resources Sweden
Environmental Groups Sweden
Sweden National Government
Sweden has much to offer as a potential location for Bicycle City in any of its four distinct regions, which consisting of forested hills, river valleys, plains, and coastal areas according to Atlapedia.com. A continental climate allows for drastic weather differences between regions, paving the road to diverse opportunities outdoors, according to Atlapedia.
Getting around in Sweden can be a unique experience in and of itself. While trains exist for pubic transportation, Bicycle City, SE, prospective visitors and residents also could take advantage of hiring a steamer to navigate the large lakes, according to Lonelyplanet.com. More than 25 national parks exist throughout the country, featuring mountains, waterways, unique ecosystems and wildlife, according to Sweden’s Environmental Protection Agency
Environmental consciousness is rising in the country, and could be supported by Swedish Bicycle City development. For instance, Sweden is progressively moving towards more organic farming, according to Organic Europe.com. Tackling the massive effort of toxic and bioaccumulative materials, Sweden is continuing research and development on other sources to keep the environment safe, notes Treehugger.com.
Bicycle City, Sweden, could best be located approximately 100 miles from the following lovely cities.
- Population: 758,311
- Average Annual Rainfall: 21.3 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 30°F; Feb 30°F; Mar 37°F; Apr 47°F; May 60°F; Jun 69°F; Jul 71°F; Aug 68°F; Sep 59°F; Oct 49°F; Nov 40°F; Dec 34°F.
- Water: Lake Malaren, Bay Riddarfjarden, Baltic Sea
- Adjacent Public Land: Tyresta and Angso National Parks
- Zip Codes: 10303, 10310, 10139, 10336, 10354
- Other Highlights: Numerous prestigious educational institutions, approximately 100 museums, Bergianksa Botanical Garden, several trails
- Population: 474,298
- Average Annual Rainfall: 31.1 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 34°F; Feb 35°F; Mar 41°F; Apr 49°F; May 61°F; Jun 67°F; Jul 68°F; Aug 68°F; Sep 61°F; Oct 52°F; Nov 43°F; Dec 37°F.
- Water: Gotesborg Harbour, Gota Canal
- Adjacent Public Land: Goteborg Botanical Gardens
- Zip Codes: 40024, 40031, 40036, 40050, 40096
- Other Highlights: Botanical Gardens, Tradgardsforeningen (horticultural society park), archipelago, 17th-century moat and canals, Year of Linnaeus
- Population: 264,989
- Average Annual Rainfall: 30.2 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 37°F; Feb 36°F; Mar 41°F; Apr 49°F; May 60°F; Jun 66°F; Jul 69°F; Aug 69°F; Sep 61°F; Oct 53°F; Nov 44°F; Dec 39°F.
- Water: Baltic Sea
- Adjacent Public Land: Dalby Soderskog National Park
- Zip Codes: 20001, 20214, 20280, 20505, 20510
- Other Highlights: Self-proclaimed “City of Parks,” beaches, Sustainable City Development Conference, nearby recreational areas, several canals
- Population: 192,401
- Average Annual Rainfall: 21.3 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 37°F; Feb 40°F; Mar 49°F; Apr 55°F; May 65°F; Jun 70°F; Jul 75°F; Aug 74°F; Sep 68°F; Oct 56°F; Nov 45°F; Dec 39°F.
- Water: Fyrisan River
- Adjacent Public Land: Farnebofjarden National Park
- Zip Codes: 75006, 75021, 75137, 75138, 75217
- Other Highlights: Archipelago of Oregrund, Gardsjo Moose Park, Botanical Garden, Linnaeus Garden, nature reserves and trails, Fiby primeval forest
- Population: 134,928
- Average Annual Rainfall: 24 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 32°F; Feb 33°F; Mar 39°F; Apr 48°F; May 59°F; Jun 68°F; Jul 70°F; Aug 68°F; Sep 60°F; Oct 51°F; Nov 41°F; Dec 35°F.
- Water: Gota and Kinda Canals
- Adjacent Public Land: Valla Recreation Area
- Zip Codes: 58002, 58007, 58015, 58101, 58184
- Other Highlights: High-tech city, several galleries, nature reserves, Tradgardsforeningen
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Stockholms Stadt
- Goteborg Botanical Gardens
- Gota Canal
- Linkopings kommun
- Angstrom Solar Center
- Nordic Windpower
- Solar Energy Association of Sweden
- Swedish Bioenergy Association
- Swedish Bioenergy Group
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- The Ministry of Sustainable Development
- The Swedish Environmental Technology Network
- Animal Rights Sweden
- Animal Protection Network
- CHANS - Charity for Animals Society
- Protection of Animals in Need
- Scandinavia Anti-Sealing Coalition
- WWF - Sweden (Världsnaturfonden)
- Department of Education
- Karolinska Institute; The University of Gothenburg; The University of Linköping, The University of Örebro; University of Gävle. Click here for a complete list of colleges/universities.
- Alliance Française de Stockholm Hemsida
- American Club of Sweden
- American Women’s Club in Stockholm
- Canadian Club of Sweden
- Caledonian Society of Sweden
- English Speaking Community Club
- Kiwis in Sweden
- Swedish-British Society
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food, & Fisheries
- Ministry of Enterprise & Energy
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Education & Research
- Ministry of Social Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
Any Bicycle City, Sweden potential development could tap into the beauty of this country while complementing its efforts towards more eco-friendly living. The diversity of the geography leaves several options for potential Bicycle City, Sweden locations.