Bicycle City Switzerland
Potential Bicycle City, Switzerland Locations
Alternative Energy Organizations & Companies in Switzerland
Switzerland Animal & Wildlife Groups
Business Organizations & Resources Switzerland
Education Organizations & Resources Switzerland
Environmental Groups Switzerland
International Groups Switzerland
Switzerland National Government
Other Useful Switzerland Links
Already the national home of forward thinkers in the organic and alternative energy fields, a potential Bicycle City, Switzerland location could likewise benefit from Switzerland’s geography. Dominated by the majestic view of the Swiss Alps, this country has several large rivers and lakes, according to Atlapedia. The Swiss climate depends on altitude, notes Atlapedia, and can vary from warm to cool, and clear skies to clouds.
Whether looking to relax or get active, the seven national parks listed on My Travel Guide provide a multitude of options for the outdoor enthusiast.
Visitors or residents of a potential Bicycle City, Switzerland, have several options for getting around, including the trains, buses, boats, funiculars and cable cars outlined by Lonely Planet.
A farmers’ movement started in 1940 by Switzerland’s Hans Müller with the support of his wife Maria and their microbiologist friend Hans Peter Rusch served to form the backbone of the organic farming movement in German-speaking European countries, according to Organic Europe. This trend continues today into the formation of Bio Suisse, which privatized the national standards for organics.
The Swiss government and business community is looking into the biofuels market to find renewable and safe fuels options, according to Energy Industry Today.
Long-term dedication to organic farming and renewable energy would be supported by the mission of potential Bicycle City, Switzerland, development.
Bicycle City, Switzerland, could best be located approximately 100 miles from the following picturesque cities.
- Population: 342,518
- Average Annual Rainfall: 45 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 37°F; Feb 40°F; Mar 49°F; Apr 55°F; May 65°F; Jun 70°F; Jul 75°F; Aug 74°F; Sep 68°F; Oct 56°F; Nov 45°F; Dec 39°F.
- Water: Limmat River, Lake Zurich
- Adjacent Public Land: Sihl Woods
- Zip Codes: 8000-8099
- Other Highlights: Botanical Garden of the University of Zurich, several parks, Nature Center Sihwald
- Population: 177,535
- Average Annual Rainfall: 36.6 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 38°F; Feb 42°F; Mar 49°F; Apr 56°F; May 64°F; Jun 71°F; Jul 76°F; Aug 75°F; Sep 69°F; Oct 57°F; Nov 46°F; Dec 40°F.
- Water: Rhone and Arve Rivers, Lake Geneva
- Adjacent Public Land: Jura and Alpine Mountains
- Zip Codes: 1200-1299
- Other Highlights: Numerous parks and gardens, Batie Woods, Vivarium Elapsoidea (snake conservation and research center)
- Population: 165,051
- Average Annual Rainfall: 30.9 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 39°F; Feb 43°F; Mar 52°F; Apr 60°F; May 68°F; Jun 74°F; Jul 78°F; Aug 77°F; Sep 70°F; Oct 59°F; Nov 47°F; Dec 39°F.
- Water: Rhine River
- Adjacent Public Land: Black Forest
- Zip Codes: 4000
- Other Highlights: Botanical Gardens, known for its wealth of museums
- Population: 122,707
- Average Annual Rainfall: 46.45 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 36°F; Feb 40°F; Mar 49°F; Apr 54°F; May 64°F; Jun 70°F; Jul 75°F; Aug 75°F; Sep 68°F; Oct 57°F; Nov 45°F; Dec 38°F.
- Water: Aare River
- Adjacent Public Land: Gurten Park
- Zip Codes: 3000
- Other Highlights: UNESCO World Heritage Site, Botanical Gardens, lots of hiking
- Population: 116,332
- Average Annual Rainfall: 30.95 in.
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 38°F; Feb 41°F; Mar 48°F; Apr 55°F; May 63°F; Jun 70°F; Jul 76°F; Aug 74°F; Sep 67°F; Oct 57°F; Nov 46°F; Dec 40°F.
- Water: Lake Geneva
- Adjacent Public Land: Jura Mountains
- Zip Codes: 1000-1018
- Other Highlights: Prestigious schools, wine region
- MSN Weather
- World Climate
- Geneva Tourism
- Gurten Park
- Lausanne Information Guide
- General Energy Research Department (ENE)
- Solar Technology Laboratory Paul Scherrer Institut
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH)
- Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN)
- Fair Fish
- Marwar Animal Protection Trust
- Tierschutz Beider Basel
- Vier Pfoten Switzerland
- WWF - Switzerland
- Zurich Animal Protection Society
- Department of National Economic Affairs
- Economic Development Directorate of the Valais (EDDV)
- The Geneva Association
- Location Switzerland
- Professional Women’s Group Zurich
- Association AJAS
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne; Eidgenössische Technische; Hochschule-Zürich; Universität Luzern; Universität St.Gallen; Universität Zürich. Click here for a complete list of colleges/universities.
- American Women’s Club of Zurich
- Asian Ladies Club of Switzerland
- Centrepoint International Club of Basel
- English Speaking Playgroup
- International Club of Lausanne
- International Men’s Club Zurich
- International Mums and Kids Club
- L'Alliance Française en Suisse
- Federal Department of Economic Affairs
- Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- Federal Department of Transportation, Communications, & Energy
- Federal Dept. of Justice & Police
- Federal Department of Home Affairs
Between the breathtaking landscape and the country’s green-living activities, it is easy to see why Bicycle City, Switzerland could have great potential here. To thrive, Bicycle City, Switzerland, would need only stay the course of this country’s past and current eco-conscious efforts.