Potential Bicycle City, Thailand Locations
Alternative Energy Organizations & Companies in Thailand
Animal & Wildlife Groups Thailand
Business Organizations & Resources Thailand
Education Organizations & Resources Thailand
Thailand National Government
Other Useful Thailand Links
Breathtaking topography and commitment to sustainable agriculture could create many benefits for potential development of Bicycle City, Thailand.
Thailand is made up of plains, lush lowlands and mountain ranges, with 90 percent of the country’s rainfall in over a four-month period to create a tropical climate with unique vegetation and wildlife, according to Atlapedia.
There are more than 100 national parks throughout Thailand, according to Trek Thailand. Each of these parks boasts unique experiences like exposure to indigenous tribes in Khun Pha War National Park to the most basic camping experiences and nature observation, states Trek Thailand. Visitors or residents of a potential Bicycle City, TH, could reach these destinations and keep transport eco-friendly by hiring a man-pulled rickshaw, as noted on Lonely Planet.
As a major exporter of organic products, per the International Trade Centre, Thailand has a vested interest in sustainable agriculture and the environment. Continuing this trend is new Thai legislation that aims to decrease consumption of both gasoline and diesel fuels by ten percent as of 2008. This legislation additionally looks toward solar energy and possibly ethanol as alternative and renewable energy resources, according to Business In Asia.com, goals which would be supported by any potential Bicycle City, TH location.
Bicycle City, Thailand, could best be located in proximity to the following diverse cities.
- Population: 480,064
- Average Annual Rainfall: 113 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 89°F; Feb 90°F; Mar 91°F; Apr 92°F; May 90°F; Jun 88°F; Jul 87°F; Aug 87°F; Sep 87°F; Oct 89°F; Nov 89°F; Dec 88°F.
- Water: Khung Krabain Bay, Krathing Waterfall
- Adjacent Public Land: Khung Krabain Mangrove Forest. Khao Khitchakut Naitonal Park
- Zip Codes: 22000, 22160, 22210, 22130, 22150, 22160, 22140, 22180, 22120
- Other Highlights: Krabain Study and Development Centre, Laem Sadet Beach, Chao Lao Beach
- Population: 1,500,127
- Average Annual Rainfall: 46 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 84°F; Feb 90°F; Mar 95°F; Apr 97°F; May 93°F; Jun 90°F; Jul 89°F; Aug 88°F; Sep 88°F; Oct 88°F; Nov 86°F; Dec 83°F.
- Water: Mae Ping River, Huai Kaeo Falls
- Adjacent Public Land: Doi Inthanon National Park, Op Luang Gorge, Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden
- Zip Codes: 50000, 50320, 50170, 50160, 50220, 50260, 50280, 50360, 50350
- Other Highlights: Doi Sythep Mountain, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple, Chiang Mai National Museum. Hilltribe Museum, Chiang Mai Arboretum, Chiang Mai Zoo
- Population: 734,394
- Average Annual Rainfall: 44.8 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 90°F; Feb 94.°F; Mar 98.°F; Apr 100°F; May 95.°F; Jun 92.°F; Jul 91°F; Aug 90°F; Sep 90°F; Oct 88°F; Nov 87°F; Dec 87°F.
- Water: Kwai Yai River, Kwai Noi River, Sri Nakharin Dam, Erawan Falls, Namtok Kroeng Krawia Falls, Hin Dat Hot Spring
- Adjacent Public Land: Somdet Phra Sri Nakarin Park. Sai Yok National Park, Chalom Rattanakosin National Park Tham Than Lot
- Zip Codes: 7100, 71160, 71260, 71170, 71220, 71180, 71240
- Other Highlights: Bridge Over the River Kwai, Thailand-Burma Railway Center (Museum), Chung Kai Allied War Cemeteries, Karnchanaburi War Cemetery, Three Pagodas Pass
- Population: 336,210
- Average Annual Rainfall: 94 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 85°F; Feb 88°F; Mar 91°F; Apr 93°F; May 92°F; Jun 92°F; Jul 92°F; Aug 92°F; Sep 91°F; Oct 89°F; Nov 85°F; Dec 85°F.
- Water: Ao Nang Bay, Ao Tham Phra Nang Bay
- Adjacent Public Land: Hat Noppharat Thara, Ao Nang and Ao Phai Phlong beaches, Khao Nor Chuchi Lowland Forest Project
- Zip Codes: 8100, 81110, 81120, 81130, 81140, 81150, 81160
- Other Highlights: Phi Phi archipelago diving sites, Phi Phi Islands, Wat Tham Seua Temple
- Population: 816,614
- Average Annual Rainfall: 50 inches
- Average Monthly High Temperatures: Jan 89°F; Feb 91°F; Mar 93°F; Apr 95°F; May 93°F; Jun 92°F; Jul 91°F; Aug 90°F; Sep 90°F; Oct 89°F; Nov 88°F; Dec 87°F.
- Water: Chao Phraya River, Klong Bang Khu Wiang Canal
- Adjacent Public Land: Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat, Wat Khema Phirataram
- Zip Codes: 11000, 11110, 11120, 11130, 11140, 11150,
Other Highlights: Floating Market on the Klong Bang Khu Wiang Canal, Wat Chonprathan Rangsarit Monastery, Bang Sai Garden, Ko Kret Island
- Circle of Asia
- Lonely Planet
- Spice Road Cycling Adventures
- Thailand Guidebook
- Thailand Postal Codes
- Weather Underground
- Energy Policy and Planning Office, Thailand (EPPO)
- Green World Solutions, Ltd.
- Master Power Co., Ltd.
- Thailand Department of Alternative Energy and Efficiency
- Asian Elephant Foundation of Thailand
- Noistar Thai Animal Rescue Foundation
- Phuket Animal Welfare Society – PAWS
- Thai Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Wild Animal Rescue Foundation of Thailand (WAR)
- Federation of Thai Industries
- Kenan Institute Asia
- Marketing Association of Thailand
- Thailand Board of Investment
- Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Christian University of Thailand; Chulalongkorn Mahawitthayalai; Mahawithayalai Maejo; Mahawithayalai Thammasat; Rajabhat Maha Sarakham University. Click here for a complete list of colleges/universities.
- Alliance Française de Bangkok en Thaïlande
- Alliance Française en Thaïlande
- American Women’s Club of Thailand
- Australians in Thailand (AIT)
- British Women’s Group Bangkok
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Labor
- Ministry of Science & Technology
Thailand is rich in its wildlife and lush plant life with multitudes of national parks and reserves to offer a variety of experiences year-round. As the country continues to raise the environmental bar, there is strong potential for development of a Bicycle City, Thailand, to support and grow a green culture.