Do you live in a city that seems to be more designed for cars, parking lots and strip malls than people? Bicycle City redevelopment projects can be part of a solution to make where you live great. Bicycle City redevelopment goals include:
- Cordoning an area off where motorized vehicles are prohibited
- Adding bio-diversity including significant numbers of trees and plants at the street level
- Converting traditional roof tops to green roof tops
- Developing a significant artist community with regular events: concerts, art exhibitions, speaking engagements, etc.
- Promoting an active lifestyle with recreation and sporting events
- Retrofitting buildings for sustainability
Richard Register’s vision for redevelopment is illustrated in his drawings shown below: